It’s been a while since I did a journal challenge and I came up with this one while cruising Instagram one day.
The concept of the selfie is pretty simple, take a picture of yourself anywhere, any time and any place! Of course, those who take selfies are often deemed “insecure”, “vain” and “shallow.”
The Hubby often asks me why I take so many selfies and when he does, I just smile and say that I like capturing my life through pictures. Normally when I take a selfie, I have a caption attached because I do believe that there is a reason behind every photo.
And that was the inspiration behind this challenge. To take the superficial stigma out of the selfie and give our selfies some purpose. So for the next 30 days, starting November 1st, I would like for you to join me in the Selfie Journal Challenge:
The Challenge: For the next 30 days, take a selfie based on the prompts and reflect on the prompts based on the emotions, thoughts and feelings captured in the photos.
The Goal: To embrace yourselfie :) HAHA! All jokes aside, the goal of this challenge is to enhance your sense of self from the inside out.
You can document this challenge as you like, post your pictures on Instagram and share your reflection in a caption or print out your pictures, post them in your journal and reflect on paper. The possibilities are truly up to you and your creativity.
Are you ready for the prompts? Here we go:
- Rise and Shine Selfie- What were your first thoughts this morning?
- Currently…Selfie- Reflect on your current mood.
- Mobile Selfie (DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE)- Where have traveled today? Where would you like to travel to one day?
- Smiling Selfie- What makes you genuinely smile?
- Workplace Selfie- Do you enjoy your job? What do you like about your job? What do you dislike? Why?
- Daytime Selfie- Reflect on a day in the life of YOU!
- Profile Selfie- What facial feature did you dislike as a child but love now as an adult?
- Mirror Selfie- If there were two of you, what would you do?
- Shared Selfie aka “Usie”- Reflect on your relationship with the person in the shared photo.
- Natural Selfie- List 6 things that you love about yourself and detail why you love these things.
- Sleepy Selfie- Reflect on a recent dream you had.
- Soulful Selfie- Detail what thrives in your soul.
- Black and White Selfie- How do you keep yourself balanced?
- Inspired Selfie- What inspires you?
- Nightlife Selfie- Describe a typical night for you.
- Message Selfie- Define love in your own words.
- Talent Selfie- How did you discover your talent(s)?
- Home Life Selfie- What’s your home life like?
- Progress Selfie- Reflect on where you are in your life at this moment.
- Childlike Selfie- What do you miss the most about being a kid?
- Currently…Selfie- Currently thinking about….
- Late Night Selfie- What keeps you up at the night?
- Joyful Selfie- List 10 things that bring you joy!
- Relaxation Selfie- What is the ultimate relaxation for you?
- Peace Selfie- Reflect on what brings you peace and what peace means to you?
- Foodie Selfie- If you could live off of one food, what would it be?
- Thankful Selfie- Make a list of things you are most thankful for.
- Celebration Selfie- How do you celebrate life?
- That Unapologetic Selfie- What will you never apologize for when it comes to being you?
- New Beginning Selfie- Set three goals for yourself for the next month!
I hope that you join me on this challenge. Feel free to share your entries with me on Instagram or on The Enduring Optimist Facebook page! You can also join my new Facebook Group The Optimist Lounge which I dedicate to all my journal and creative productivity lovers!
Are you ready to join me on this challenge? Lets give our selfies some purpose for November!
Until next time, stay blessed and unique!